PLANT-A-BOOK INTERNATIONAL HELPS NAIROBI KIDS

Plant-a-Book International helps Nairobi Kids! This blog represents two registered nonprofit organizations, PAB and KKIN-UK, that provide support for the students at Galilee Primary School and Waddington High School, and children living in the Holly House orphanages in the slums of Nairobi Kenya. We are dedicated to lifting children from poverty through literacy and education. For more information, please visit PAB's website at www.plantabook.org.

Sunday, May 11, 2014

Child of the Week - Make His Birthday Special!



Meet Paul – HH517
Birthday – May 12
 

Paul is in Form 1 at Waddington High School and will be turning sixteen years old on May 12.  Paul has had a difficult upbringing.  He was abandoned by his parents and left to be raised by his grandfather who suffers from diabetes and was unable to adequately care for him.  Paul was subsequently offered a place at the Holly’s Heart orphanage on the WHS campus.  He is a bright student, having achieved an excellent score of 365 on his KCPE Exam.  His best subjects are chemistry and math, and he hopes to be an engineer one day.  In his free time, Paul enjoys singing, football, and volleyball.


Paul has written the following letter to his future sponsor:

Dear Sponsor:

I would like to take this opportunity to [send] warm greetings to you.  I hope your healthy as I am.  I would like to thank God so much because of this precious moment.  I am [Paul].  I am a boy from Lorna Waddington High School.  I did my KCPE in the year 2013 and managed to score 365 marks out of 500.  I am now in Form 1A.

The climate in Kenya is somehow cold.  And what about yours?  My best subject is Chemistry.  My favourite games are football and volleyball.  I am very happy to write you this letter although I don’t know you.  But I think we will be communicating through letters.

May Almighty God bless you so much and I would like to know you soon. 

Warm Love from
Paul [HH517]

Can you be the sponsor Paul has been waiting for?  You can sponsor Paul for only $30 a month.  Sponsorship of a child living at Holly House covers the child’s room, school fees, and three meals a day.  You will receive an annual photo and at least three letters from your sponsored child per year.  You will also be notified of your sponsored child’s grades.

For more information, please visit www.plantabook.org or email info@plantabook.org.
Please make a difference in the life of a child today.

~Submitted by Brooke


 

No comments:

Post a Comment