PLANT-A-BOOK INTERNATIONAL HELPS NAIROBI KIDS

Plant-a-Book International helps Nairobi Kids! This blog represents two registered nonprofit organizations, PAB and KKIN-UK, that provide support for the students at Galilee Primary School and Waddington High School, and children living in the Holly House orphanages in the slums of Nairobi Kenya. We are dedicated to lifting children from poverty through literacy and education. For more information, please visit PAB's website at www.plantabook.org.

Sunday, May 4, 2014

Child of the Week ~ Help Make Her Birthday Special!



Meet Margaret- HH525
Birthday – May 5
 https://6c7e2168-a-62cb3a1a-s-sites.googlegroups.com/site/plantabook/child-sponsorships-holly-house/HH525%20Margaret.jpg?attachauth=ANoY7cpmagMucUb5oMZO_vncC1gU8K5kDnlRUa-HnXvYMZsLWmQpiYyCKL2C0LMwrXo46IFGVfiqGrQvhrxWs9SUhG6vg4IgqTLfAMzPGmOBAPux6_vslhws0eOJUaey68KyQyV3l4S8vq8_TsePCbDGCp9MeF9xlvwdhyN0s8N3Ci64Fz4H17jf3dax5__3ue_pwy8KpB7wbiK1cuZV6BSnoicO3t9G21f_OWu3_BsaPTQqyPIuao5QDnR2us6RmdIXRhL1linF&attredirects=0

Margaret is one of our high-achieving Form 1 students at WHS.  She will be celebrating her 15th birthday on May 5.  Margaret is an orphan and both of her parents are deceased.  She was living with her grandmother, but was offered a place at the Holly House orphanage on campus when her grandmother became too ill to care for her.  Margaret loves to sing.  Her best subject in school is math and she hopes to be a nurse in the future.  Margaret shows great academic promise, having scored a 370 on the KCPE Exam (an excellent score). 

Margaret has already written her first letter to her future sponsor.  She writes:

Dear Sponsor,

How are you?  I hope that you are fine.  I am also alive and kicking.  I take this opportunity to write for you this letter.  I am [Margaret] from Butere district Western province.  I am [learning] in Lorna Waddington High School.  In my Kenya Certificate of Primary School (KCPE) I got three hundred and seventy marks.  I was pleased to be in Lorna Waddington High School because of its learning method.
Everything is provided to learners and [the] teaching program is very well arranged.  I hope I am going to do better.  I am going to work hard in order to achieve my goal in the future.  In [the] future I would like to be a nurse, and not here in Kenya but far in America.  With hard work I know I am going to make it.  Please help me achieve my career in future.  Thank you in advance.

Yours faithfully,
Margaret [HH525]

Was this letter meant for you?  You can sponsor Margaret for only $30 a month.  Sponsorship of a child living at Holly House covers the child’s room, school fees, and three meals a day.  You will receive an annual photo and at least three letters a year from your sponsored child.  You will also be informed of the child’s grades in school.

For more information, please visit www.plantabook.org or email info@plantabook.org.
Please make a difference in the life of a child today!
 
~Submitted by Brooke

No comments:

Post a Comment