PLANT-A-BOOK INTERNATIONAL HELPS NAIROBI KIDS

Plant-a-Book International helps Nairobi Kids! This blog represents two registered nonprofit organizations, PAB and KKIN-UK, that provide support for the students at Galilee Primary School and Waddington High School, and children living in the Holly House orphanages in the slums of Nairobi Kenya. We are dedicated to lifting children from poverty through literacy and education. For more information, please visit PAB's website at www.plantabook.org.

Sunday, December 9, 2012

What the World Needs Now, Is Love, Sweet Love!

Term 3 letters arrived -- three large envelopes full of hundreds of letters!  They have been sorted, stuffed in envelopes, and Friday I spent a good 45 minutes at the post office working with my friendly postman to get them on their way to our sponsors.  I should have taken a picture of the box full of envelopes (next time!).  Some had to be weighed so that took some time.  I had sorted them according to USA regular, USA with extra postage required (because some people sponsor more than one child, their envelopes were fatter), overseas regular, overseas extra postage required, and then my big manila envelopes that are going to our beloved mail coordinators.  Thank you from the bottom of my heart for helping us, Mail Coordinators!  I never mind doing the mail as it is a labor of love -- I know how important that correspondence is to the sponsors and to the children who took the time to write the letters and draw the picture.
 
Now I HAVE to tell you a story about sending these letters off! Of course, the post office line was growing longer and longer as I was monopolizing one of the three postman.  Just as I was feeling a little sorry to be holding things up during the postal holidays season, the postman, reading the return address, asked me what Plant-a-Book International was.  I explained that we are a group of people from all over the world that have joined together to support a school and orphanage in Kenya and that the envelopes contained letters from their sponsored children.  He was looking at the letters going to Switzerland, Italy, Japan, Canada, Australia, Germany, Denmark, Scotland, Finland, The Netherlands, the UK, Croatia, Spain, France, and all over the USA and he said, "So you are bringing people from all over the world together to help these kids?"  I said, "Yes."  He said, "The world needs more people like you!"  My spirits were soaring when I left there.  I couldn't have received a more meaningful compliment.

We are doing good things, Everyone!  Thank you for being a part of our sponsorship "family."

Brenda

No comments:

Post a Comment